Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Lady Macbeth has me very McHappy!


Beauty and talent are not always easy to mesh, but with her string of brilliance since her Oscar winning turn in 2007's 'La Vie en Rose', Marion Cotillard has not only skyrocketed to the top of my list of 'most beautiful women alive' but she is also my single favorite actress working today.  No other actress grabs my attention as securely as Marion.  Seeing her name or her face attached to any project has my instant attention, and she never loses it.  

The fact that she is teaming up with the one actor who I consider to be the single greatest actor of his generation, and probably the best actor working today (sorry Crowe, but this isn't the 90's anymore and while I still love you and consider you top tier material, you really need 'Noah' to be a slam dunk) is even more reason to get excited.


I'm talking about Macbeth if you haven't figured that out yet.  I talked this up a while back when Portman was cast, and I was optimistic, although that optimism waned the more I thought about it.  While my mind still says that Carey Mulligan should have gotten this part (seriously, she'd be the perfect fit) I can't help but wet myself over seeing Fassbender and Cotillard sharing the screen together.  It may be too much greatness/hotness/talent for one single screen!

What do you think?  How does this news settle with you?  Are you as happy as I am!?!?!?!?!

4 comments:

  1. I like Natalie Portman but I don't think she has what it takes to play Lady MacBeth. Marion Cotillard as Lady MacBeth... OH HELL YEAH!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If she gets the accent right, she could be the early frontrunner for Best Actress next year, especially if Blanchett wins this year, since I had pegged her for Carol as next year's winner.

      Delete
  2. YES! I'm so excited! Though, I can't help but think the Academy could find a way to snub her. :(

    ReplyDelete