Friday, August 16, 2013

I don't have time for this shit!

We're coming for you, Oscar!

I can never catch a break with my Oscar predictions, can I?  I either post them too late (in a rush/panic) or I post them mid-month and in the process wind up missing some great release news which alters all I believe in.  It happened the day after I posted my acting predictions, when Streep announced her choice to campaign in Supporting and it has happened again this morning, the day after I wrap up my predictions.  Apparently the one film I had a load of faith in that was allegedly pushed back to next year is being released on December 20th, just in time for THIS YEAR'S OSCARS!!!  Yes, 'Foxcatcher' is coming to snatch all those wigs!  Now, if you remember, the most confident prediction I had all year was Channing Tatum in Supporting Actor.  Now, I don't have him predicted right now.  I'm going to have to change that, but I'm waiting until next month.  For now, the August predictions will stand.  I'm tired.  I don't have time for this shit.

Happy Birthday Steve Carell, you may get your Oscar nomination after all!

2 comments:

  1. Haha. I read the title and knew that's what this post was going to cover. :) At least we're having another strange awards season so far.

    ReplyDelete