Thursday, August 29, 2013

Fisti Update!


Well, the Fisti Awards for 1988 are complete and up for your viewing pleasure over on the 80's Fisti Page.  I hope you have a chance to check them out!  Let me know what you think.  What films did I snub?  What films got too much love or just the right amount of love?  What wins do you agree with?  What are your favorite films of 1988?  Do you agree with Oscar?  Was I too mean to Foster and Hoffman (neither even make my top 12 in their respective categories).

Can we all just bask in the glory of Kevin Kline being an Oscar winner, and winning for such a brilliantly conceived comedic treasure!


So, next up for the Fistis will be 1994, which I'm trying to get wrapped up for next month.  I'm also currently working on 1967 and 1974.  I need to try and take a stab at a year in the 40's, that way I'll have posted an awards for each decade (1939 and 1957 are already up).  Any suggestions?  The 40's are my largest blindspot, and so selecting a year at random is kind of hard for me.  I've only really seen a handful of films from the 40's, and they pull from all years so any suggestion will be more than welcome!

Until then...

6 comments:

  1. "You know what your problem is? You don't like winners". "Winners?" "Winners..." "Winners like you say... North Vietnam!" "SHUT UP!!!! We did not lose Vietnam" "Oh yes you did" "Oh no we didn't" "Oh yes you did. They whooped your hide rrreeaaalllll good boy!"

    I fucking love that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! All of our technical winners are the same, except for Best Film Editing and Best Original Score. And your Score runner-up is my winner. Love it man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get all the latest Telugu Movie Reviews. Read what the movie critics say and give your own rating. Find Here all complete information about Movie

    Telugu Film Ratings

    Latest Movie Reviews

    ReplyDelete