Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Trailer Break: Oldboy


Well, I mentioned this was dropping Monday when I swooned all over the poster.  This looks crazy intense and while I'm anticipating a hot mess disaster, I'm all in for it.  Brolin looks great (not only in great shape but also in tune with the character) and the brutality looks spot on.  Copley's voice is a bit of a turn off for me here, but I'll deal.  It also looks like they jacked with enough of the original storyline to give it a fresh spin, but god that hallway hammer scene looks every bit as amazing as the original.  If you haven't seen the 2003 film (yes, I'm talking to you Josh) you need to check it out ASAP!

4 comments:

  1. I've seen the original. That's a classic and I hope this is just as good as the original and so far, I wanna see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The original is great. I hope this lives up...

      Delete
  2. I know, I know. I'll watch the original soon. ;) I'll wait until I watch the 2003 version before I watch this trailer, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this trailer gives away A LOT.

      Delete