Monday, July 22, 2013

R.I.P. Dennis Farina

What the fuck?

I just can't with this year.  Losing both Gandolfini and Farina so close together is just horrible.  These sudden deaths (Farina suffered a blood clot in his lung) are so hard to take, especially when the actors were so young (Farina was only 69).  Farina was one of the best character actors to work on the big and the small screen.  In many ways, he was a lot like Gandolfini in that respect (so much range yet so characteristically familiar).  I'm not yet into the year of 1995 with the Fistis, but this saddened news has me willing to divulge the fact that Farina is a Fisti Award nominee; and here is why:


What a tragic loss!  My heart and prayers go out to his family in this terrible time.  He will surely be remembered.

4 comments:

  1. I'm bummed about this. Dude is an amazing actor. He's not just a great character actor but also someone who can be the good guy and the bad guy w/o really needing to do much. A true artist in his craft. He will totally be missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! So versatile and yet so recognizable, a comforting presence and someone I loved seeing in movies!

      Delete
  2. This is terrible news. He was great in films like Get Shorty, Midnight Run and Snatch. It was too soon, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to see Midnight Run...it's one of those horrible blind spots for me.

      Delete