Friday, July 26, 2013

Only God can link this movie...

Do I see a stinker?

I'm distraught right now.  I have NOT seen 'Only God Forgives', but in all honesty it was in my top five most anticipated of the year, thanks to my ever growing adoration of 'Drive'.  I rarely get to the movies, so I have a feeling I won't be seeing this until it is released on DVD, but now my anticipation has been dulled by so many of my fellow bloggers giving this the thumbs-down.  Not what I expected, but apparently once you reach your peak, you are bound to fall.  I will reserve all personal judgement until I see the film.  Hell, I may LOVE IT (I know a fellow cinephile who has raved this as a masterpiece), but for now I'm skeptical.

Check out some links below to some friends who were not as impressed as they wanted to be:

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link. Good luck when you finally get around to watching it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that movie was bad. It had some good things in it, mainly the music, but overall...just an embarrassment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link man! I can't wait to watch it again. Some days I think it's fantastic, and others I think it's somewhat pointless. Still not sure what to make of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link! It's on On Demand now if you have that? That's how I watched it. It had some pretty shots, but God it was SO. DULL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My initial response was pretty mixed, and I wasn't nearly as impressed as I'd hoped to be, but I've come around quite a bit. The dialogue is laughable, though it's not the kind of movie where that matters. I'd encourage you to look at it more as a piece of contemporary art instead of as something like Drive. It's a smart, interesting film doing smart, interesting things...but a slippery one that requires a patience many aren't going to be willing/able to give it.

    ReplyDelete