Friday, June 14, 2013

Trailer & Poster Break: Diana


First, the trailer is somewhat underwhelming despite having that beautiful score to grab your attention (totally feeling the Journey throwback) but this is giving me a little confidence in a Watts nomination.  It really shows a range that I didn't fully expect from this project, and I can totally see how they are going to try and amp up the baity aspects of her life.  Some it it felt a tad theatrical (that run through the woods in her purple moomoo thing was a tad unfortunate) but I can see the controversy surounding her life to play big with audiences and Awards bodies.  I get the feeling that critics aren't going to be kind to this, but with the right push I can see Watts being a serious contender.

And then it brings me to the poster:


I don't hate this, like at all.  It makes the movie look like an erotic thriller though, and the picture looks like a still of Kate Winslet from 'The Reader' so I'm really not sure what to make of this.  I mean, is this real?  Is this a fan made poster?  Is that even really Naomi Watts?  Still, as a poster, I kind of love this, just not for this project.

1 comment:

  1. I think she has a good chance of being nominated, but the teaser doesn't reassure me of that. Yeah, the poster doesn't look right for this film.

    ReplyDelete