Monday, June 17, 2013

Trailer Break: The Wolf of Wall Street


Well, here it is.  The question now it, how does this look?  Honestly, this looks really freaking fun, a lot more fun than I expected, which has me second guessing it's Oscar chances.  DiCaprio looks like a lock though.  He looks the most comfortable and relaxed and downright entertaining that I've seen him in years.  Tarantino did him good, helped rub out all the tension and make him a little more natural.  Still, this looks way too comical/sexual/carefree for AMPAS taste, but this is also Scorsese so you know they'll at least consider it.  I like that the trailer doesn't really give away anything about the film.  I'm sure it has a darker angle that we aren't getting, and I'm sure there is some sort of a downfall, but you wouldn't know it from watching the trailer.  Also, is it just me or does Jonah Hill look like a serious standout and scene stealer?  Like, maybe I should bump him up in the ranks.  McConaughey could also be a legit contender (he looked really good here too), but he'll also be circling the Lead Actor category, and unless he becomes some Jamie Foxx sized threat for the win there is no way he's snagging two acting nominations.


Anyways, what do you think?  I'm not so sure about Oscar, but I'm far more excited about this than I was yesterday, and that is all that matters!

6 comments:

  1. I'm not sure about Leo locking an Oscar either, but who knows? I've been very proactive about Leo2013, but I want him to really knock it out of the park when he FINALLY gets that Oscar. Maybe the trailer gives too little?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally thought that the trailer showed us just enough. Leo looks so relaxed and effortless and this is truly something VERY different (at least from the trailer) than his latest attempts at Oscar. I think a change of pace and skin could make him a happy camper come Oscar night.

      But then there is Robert Redford...

      Delete
  2. I have to say I hated the trailer and I think I'm gonna wait for DVD on this one. It looks ridiculous and not at all how I imagined.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly looks...different, but I think in a good way. I also think that this is NOT representative of what the film will really be like. Word is the source material is very dark, so I think this is more a marketing ploy to get 'ass in seat'.

      Delete
  3. After watching the trailer, I'm even more excited about this film. I'm not sure what to expect from it, but DiCaprio and company do look like Oscar contenders. Fingers crossed for something great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've watched this like ten times and the more I see the more excited I get!

      Delete