Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Poster Break: The Butler 2x's





















I just can't with this movie.  I mean, this looks atrocious.  The trailer was bad enough, but these posters are just a giant epic fail.  The tagline makes this feel like a Presidential 'Forrest Gump', and we need another one of those movies like a fucking hole in the head.  Whitaker looks like a joke here, and the combination of faux sentimental schmaltz and awkward black power movement in this pair of shameful posters just makes everything about this film feel so...gross.  I hope to god this fails miserably to do what it is so unashamed to declare it wants; gain Oscar traction.  This is bound to be a mess, I just hope it's a borderline entertaining one.  Either that, or I pray that it receives no awards attention so that I'm not compelled to actually see it.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, this film needs to go away quickly. I hate to judge it before I've seen it, but I can't even say I want to see it.

    ReplyDelete