Friday, May 24, 2013

Lovely ladies: A look at Supporting Actress (May Predictions)


Five times a charm?
It’s about time to take another look at this category.  Cannes is abuzz with ink for a few, and there just seem to be so many contenders in this category right now.  It’s so much fun to speculate on these so far out, but now is when it gets to be a lot of fun because there is actual ink on the films and the performances, not just pure synopsis speculation.  Sure, some films are still enigmas, but for the most part we can start piecing together who deserves to be considered, let alone predicted.

Let’s have at it.
















































So, to recap:

May Predictions:
Adams/American Hustle
Diaz/The Counselor
Roberts/August: Osage County
Spencer/Fruitvale Station
Squibb/Nebraska

April Predictions:
Adams/American Hustle
Diaz/The Counselor
Martindale/August: Osage County
Spencer/Fruitvale Station
Winfrey/The Butler

4 comments:

  1. I'm really rooting for Amy to finally win. She is amazing and I'm sure she will be great in the movie. Also she looks insanely hot in set pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I want her to win because I fear that if she doesn't win soon (like this year) she could be SOL forever. I mean, they nominate her for everything, which kills any special feeling about her performances and makes rooting for her harder to do.

      Delete
  2. Great picks man. Squibb could happen, but I can't wait to see how Roberts does. She didn't impress me from the trailer, but I've heard it's misleading anyway. I'll throw in a vote for Amy too. Though I've only nominated her for Junebug, I'd love to see her win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I only nominate Amy for Junebug too, but I loved her in The Fighter and wish she had won from that particular lineup, so I'm waiting for her to finally snag an Oscar!

      Delete