Friday, May 24, 2013

I'm feeling Blue...

I need this movie in my life right now...
I'm feeling blue because I can't see this movie right now.  The word right out of Cannes is that it is an undeniable masterpiece, currently turning every head at the festival as it defies all notion and proves that graphic lesbian sex does not have to be a tacky B-grade embarrassment.  Nope, this film by French director Abdellatif Kechiche has everyone talking, and not solely about the explicit nature of the sex scenes (although people are talking about those as well).  This review published in The Telegraph pretty much says it all.  This movie is so much more than that!  

But, I mean...check this out!


You can't stop what's coming!
That's ELEVEN Palms.  I mean, if it doesn't win the big award on Sunday then it will be a true WTF moment, for sure.  This is toppling over the competition at this point.  There hasn't been a film to garner this amount of unanimous praise since 'The Social Network', back in 2010.  

From a purely sexist point of view, I've already expressed my attraction towards Seydoux before, so seeing her in this kind of atmosphere is more than intriguing to me, but I'm just really happy that it comes in the form of a really good film (at least I'm assuming I'll feel the same way).  

Yeah, I need to see this!

2 comments:

  1. All I've seen from this is the poster and a still or two, but I'm looking forward to checking it out. Hopefully, it won't be a year before we can see it. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!!! Please let this hit the theaters before the year is out. Maybe winning the Palme will give it serious consideration in that field. At least let it get a DVD release stateside before December.

      I NEED TO SEE THIS!!!

      Delete