Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring has sprung...



It’s spring!  April is here and it’s time to break into another month of blogging and movie talking and fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!  This month we’ll see the first co-predicted Oscar predictions (something I’m super excited to unveil) as well as a couple other things I’ve been working on.  Hoping that the Fisti awards for 1992 will wrap up this month (more on that in a minute) and I’d love to bring back the ‘Closer Look’ series.

Gurll...you better watch your back!
Speaking of 1992, I finally caught ‘White Men Can’t Jump’ the other night and I have to say, I’m torn as to who was the better bitchy girlfriend that year; Rosie Perez of Oscar winner Marisa Tomei.  I’d never begrudge Tomei her Oscar win (even though Judy Davis was the best of the nominees), since she’s been a Fisti winner twice now, but I can’t help but feel like Perez’s spitfire take on Gloria was even more infectious and inspired.  They may both wind up on my personal ballot (1992 is such a bounty of brilliance in every category) but at the moment I’m struggling to put my finger on who deserves a spot more.


In 1992 catch-up, I also watched ‘FernGully’ this weekend.  God that shit was terrible.  And LOL at the Tim Curry lovefest happening on the 'Toxic Love' YouTube page.  Seriously, people want to have sex with him?

Drugs make you stupid...

Also, in actor news (not necessarily ‘movie actor’ but whatever), Cory Monteith has checked into rehab over the weekend.  I thought he was the good one!  If anyone from the ‘Glee’ cast was going to wind up abusing substances I figured it would be someone like Mark Salling, or Lea Michele (since she’s the only one who can be considered remotely famous) or maybe Dianna Agron, who is constantly stuck in Michele’s shadow.  I never really thought of Monteith as being the substance abuser type, but apparently this isn’t the first time.  It’s a sad development this day and age for young actors to get roped into these stereotypical acts.  I’m curious, does anyone really think it makes you look cool anymore?  I hope the best for him.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for the co-predictions! Rosie Perez is awesome in White Men Can't Jump! Glad you finally saw it.

    ReplyDelete