Monday, March 25, 2013

Monday meanderings…



I always love it when Sati over at Cinematic Corner has an ‘actor appreciation day’.  She always informs me of a slew of interesting facts about said actor that I wasn’t privy to and probably would never be privy to without her obsessions, and to be honesty she has this knack for appreciating the underappreciated, which I tend to adore. 

Today she chose Lee Pace as her main focus of attention, and I must say she is shedding light on a filmography I am unfamiliar with.  It’s weird to say that because I have seen ‘The Fall’ and absolutely loved his performance within it (Fisti Award nominee) and for a quick minute I was actually obsessed with his face and wanted to know more and see more of him; and then I moved on for some reason.  To this day I’ve seen three of his films; ‘The Fall’, ‘A Single Man’ and ‘The Good Shepherd’.  I only remember him in ‘The Fall’, so I’m assuming that his roles in the other films are VERY small.


Yes, you heard correctly; I have not seen the Lord of the Rings films.

Anyways, this means I have some catching up to do.  I will probably NEVER seen the Lord of the Rings films (not my thing; not that interested; the world has moved on) but in looking over Sati’s list, I guess I should check out the likes of ‘Soldier’s Girl’, ‘Infamous’ and ‘Possession’.  I have ‘Lincoln’ in my Netflix queue, so I think I’ll start there.


In other news; have you seen this?  This is insane and kind of amazing and like, I totally want to see this!  Tilda Swinton, as we all know, is a goddess.  There isn’t another creature like her and I adore her for that reality.


And lastly, I don’t know why but I really want to see The Host.  I just thought I’d throw that out there.  I mean, I have not and will not (on principle) seen the ‘Twilight’ films since, well, I think the world would understand that decision.  This is only a shame because that means that Christina Perri’s magnificent ‘A Thousand Years’ was ineligible for a Fisti Award.  Still, there is something about this ‘Host’ movie that has me wanting to see it.  I kind of love Saoirse Ronan, and aliens trump stupid vampires any day of the week.  What are your thoughts on this movie?  Is it a waste of time?  Will I regret seeing it?

4 comments:

  1. What? No to Lord of the Rings, but yes to The Host? ;) (Okay, Ronan's a plus.) I really need to watch The Fall already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, well I may see The Lord of the Rings films one day, but the thought of devoting so much time to them has me not in a hurry :-P

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the mention and I'm glad you enjoyed the post! He was only for few seconds in the first The Hobbit film but he will have more to do in next part :)

    I highly recommend Soldier's Girl and Infamous - his performances are incredible there. Another good movie to see is Miss Pettigrew - he is super adorable there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always meant to see Miss Pettigrew, mainly for Adams, but now I have another reason!

      Delete