Thursday, March 14, 2013

80 years of Michael Caine...

Michael Caine turned 80 today, and so I felt it fitting to dedicate a top ten to the man's career.  I've been a huge fan for a long time, but honestly I have yet to see all of his lauded performances.  That being said, I've seen enough of him to be completely enamored by his talent, and he personally snags six Fisti Nominations and he even wins a couple.  What is your favorite Caine performance?  What would your top ten look like?


Here's mine:

10/Mona Lisa

09/The Prestige

08/The Dark Knight Rises

07/Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

06/Educating Rita

05/The Man Who Would Be King

04/Little Voice

03/Hannah and Her Sisters

02/California Suite

01/Alfie

5 comments:

  1. What an illustrious career this man has! Have you seen Deathtrap? I thought he was brilliant in it w/ Christopher Reeve. Of course I love him as Alfred in Nolan's Batman films!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen Deathtrap. In fact, I haven't even heard of it!!! I do love his career though. He's been incredible in so many things, and thankfully he's never really hit a slump.

      Delete
  2. I still have a lot to see too, but my current top 10 would probably look like this:

    1. Educating Rita
    2. Hannah and Her Sisters
    3. Alfie
    4. Little Voice
    5. Sleuth (2007)
    6. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
    7. The Dark Knight Rises
    8. Harry Brown
    9. The Prestige
    10. Quills

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always forget that he was in Quills. Have you seen California Suite? If not, see it. He was heartbreaking and played off Maggie Smith beautifully. The film is all sorts of terrible, but their segment is AMAZING.

      Delete
    2. Haven't seen it yet, but it's on my watchlist. :)

      Delete