Friday, February 22, 2013

Oscar Predictions: The Winners

For the mere fact that I will forget to do this tomorrow, here are my final Oscar predictions.  We'll see what happens Sunday night.  This is a bizarre year where anything can happen.  I'm prepared to be surprised.

Best Picture
Argo

Best Directing
David O. Russell/Silver Linings Playbook

Best Actor in a Leading Role
Daniel Day-Lewis/Lincoln

Best Actress in a Leading Role
Jennifer Lawrence/Silver Linings Playbook

Best Actor in a Supporting Role
Robert De Niro/Silver Linings Playbook

Best Actress in a Supporting Role
Anne Hathaway/Les Miserables

Best Writing (Original Screenplay)
Amour

Best Writing (Adapted Screenplay)
Silver Linings Playbook

Best Animated Feature
Wreck-It Ralph

Best Foreign Language Film
Amour

Best Documentary Feature
Searching for Sugar Man

Best Documentary Short
Open Heart

Best Short Film (Animated)
Paperman

Best Short Film (Live Action)
Buzkashi Boys

Best Music (Original Score)
Life of Pi

Best Music (Original Song)
Skyfall/Skyfall

Best Film Editing
Argo

Best Cinematography
Skyfall

Best Art Direction 
Les Miserables

Best Costume Design
Anna Karenina

Best Makeup
Les Miserables

Best Sound Mixing
Les Miserables

Best Sound Editing
Skyfall

Best Visual Effects
Life of Pi

8 comments:

  1. Awesome picks! Check out my predictions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting choices. I could see them going for Silver Linings Playbook, but I'd be really surprised if Argo doesn't win at least 3 awards. I hope your Deakins prediction comes true. (Switched to Life of Pi at the last minute.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I had Argo for Sound Editing and then swapped it for Skyfall last minute. I still have it for alternate. It is such a weird year. I really wouldn't be shocked it Argo wins BP and nothing else.

      Delete
  3. Some very interesting picks... and I happen to agree with the most except for the best picture one--I think Lincoln will win it most definitely. Btw, I loved your blogsite... just followed it and would be back for more.

    Also, do spare some time out to checkout my blogsite:

    http://www.apotpourriofvestiges.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check it out! Thanks for visiting my blog too!

      Delete
  4. I think Academy will go for Amour rather than for SLP, but seeing how they already snubbed Affleck out of nomination in director category anything can happen there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't post my alternates, but I most def. think that it'll be either O. Russell of Haneke. He's my alternate pick.

      Delete