Friday, January 11, 2013

Fisti Awards Update


Just an update to let you know that I've wrapped up the aural categories for 1991, 2009 and 2011.  Check them out and let me know what you think!  This wraps up those years.  I'm taking a short break while I indulge in some 1992 films I've yet to see (and some I need to re-see) and of course I still have a ton of films from 2012 to see before I can even contemplate those awards.  But, I've finished an entire decade!  The aughts are complete so feel free to browse them all and let me know what you think collectively.  I'd love to hear your thoughts on previous years as well.  After the Oscars I think I'll look back on my awards for the aughts and re-evaluate them.  Then I'll post some thoughts on my favorite wins, my favorite nominations and my biggest mistakes (who did I snub?)

2 comments:

  1. Your 1991 sound lineup is kinda brilliant. Love Veronique's score win, and "Be Our Guest" is also a worthy winner.

    2009 has another interesting sound lineup. I'd also mention Public Enemies. Have you seen Moon yet? If not, I wonder if Mansell's score would make your dozen. Figured Wild Things would win for one of its songs. ;)

    Glad to see Drive and The Artist as runners-up in Sound and Score. Also love the inclusions of "So Long" and "Coeur Volant" (my winner) in Song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I haven't seen Moon, but I love Mansell's work (he's a multi-Fisti nominee/winner) so he'd probably have landed at least in the dozen.

      Delete