Wednesday, January 9, 2013

BAFTA has spoken...




Seriously, I'm kind of baffled.  They are too...normal in many spots and then when they go out there they really go out there (Affleck in Lead Actor).  Like, why aren't these more British?  Why isn't Maggie Smith nominated or Skyfall more dominant or Best Exotic Marigold Hotel more...present?  This is baffling to me.  Barks is officially dead, Hooper got a major smack in the face (as did his film in general beings that it is VERY rare to have a film win top honors without the director nominated) and Supporting Actor continues to mess with my head.  Is Waltz really happening?  Poor Leo.  

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, as exciting and unpredictable this awards season has been, it's frustrating at times. :)

    In my final Oscar predictions I predicted Bardem getting a nomination. Feeling better about that right now, but he could miss after all. And Waltz isn't supporting, so I hope Leo gets in instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm too lazy to change any of my predictions, but I'm feeling really uneasy about Supporting Actor.

      Delete