Friday, January 4, 2013

Awards, Academy Awards...

Yes, the photoshop is a mess here!


 
So, the Oscars are going to give a special salute to the 50 year old legend during this years telecast.  I'm wondering what all this means.  Could this mean that we are going to have a full on Bond show?  Could this mean that we'll actually see some of these flirted about nominations happen?  Dench?  Bardem?  Deakins?  I am currently predicting five nominations (Sup. Actress, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Cinematography and Original Song) but could the tally be even higher?  Could Bardem sneak in?  Could we see it land in a few more techs, like Art Direction?  What about Best Picture?  In an expanded field it isn't impossible, and the film is getting a slew of support from the guilds right now.  The reviews are impressive and let's not forget the fact that it is actually a really great film and raked it in at the Box Office.
 
This is something to think about for sure!

4 comments:

  1. It's a very interesting development. I initially balked at people claiming that it would make Best Picture, but now I'm thinking it could actually happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it could show up in Best Picture. I'm not predicting it, but I am predicting it to show up in Sup Actress and Cinematography, two big ones.

      Delete
  2. It would be awesome if Bardem gets in, or the film for Best Picture.

    Oh, I loved The Impossible, even if it is very manipulative. Great performances by the entire cast, but Tom Holland is the standout for me. He gives one of the finest child performances I've ever seen. And the score is one of my favorites of 2012 too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see The Impossible! I hear that Holland is incredible. Very mixed response from friends on that one, but the critics all seem to adore it.

      Delete