Wednesday, December 12, 2012

What about McGregor?!?!?!

I want to say first and foremost that I love Naomi Watts and am so happy she'll finally be getting a second Oscar nomination considering that, if it were up to me, she'd have five nominations and two wins by now.  That said, what the hell does Ewan McGregor have to do to get Oscar traction?  Seriously, he has great reviews, is said to be the most emotional performer in the film and even has Hollywood giants like Angelina Jolie hosting viewing parties for his movie just so people will see how amazing he is in it (granted, I have yet to see the film, but still) and he's getting passed over for the likes of Matthew McConaughey in a stripper movie.
 
Like I said, I love me some Watts (seriously one of the greatest working actresses today) but:

4 comments:

  1. God, I so much would like to get him an Oscar nom! He is such a fantastic actor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously!!! I've been a fan of Ewan since the 90's, and his talent has really hit a high these past few years. I have a feeling he'll get a nomination soon, but I really thought he had a shot this year. Sadly, both BFCA and SAG passed, and I think that spells doom unless BAFTA swoops in to the rescue.

      Delete
  2. I hope he gets nominated. If not now, then soon. I'd at least nominate him for Trainspotting, and I haven't even seen him in Velvet Goldmine yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's sensational in Velvet Goldmine, and gets a nomination from me (as well as one for Trainspotting) and of course, you saw I nominate him for Beginners as well.

      Delete