Monday, November 26, 2012

Gobble gobble bitches…



I hate holiday weekends.  I mean, I love them because they are long and I’m usually drunk through most of it, but I hate them because Monday morning always comes too early and it basically throws off my whole week.  Seriously, it should be Wednesday by now, right?

 

I hope everyone had a great weekend; gorged themselves and drank a lot of eggnog or beer or whiskey or whatever it is you prefer to drink this time of year.  I had a very long honey-do list that never wanted to end and that I still didn’t finish, but I managed to tear myself away from the paint cans and the power tools long enough to make it to the theater three times!  Yup, winter is officially here and I am officially in awards season mode!  Honestly, I won’t be seeing most of the big Oscar movies until they are released on DVD because I have two kids (three if you count the one in the wife’s belly) and so I have no free time anymore.  I mean, two of the movies I saw this weekend (‘Wreck-It Ralph’ and ‘Life of Pi’) I took my kids to.

 

I wasn’t taking them to see James Bond though.

 

Anyways, I have more to say about those films, obviously, but I’m debating on creating separate posts for them.  I mean, this month has sucked for me and this blog.  Coming back from Europe has depleted my time and energy and motivation to pump stuff out.  I need to come up with something to propel me into blogging mode! 

 

Help me people!!!                


 

Oh, and if Russell Crowe gets snubbed of an Oscar nomination on the back of some negative tweets I’m going to raise hell!  Damn you early reviewers not praising god and his tremendous acting talent.  For the record, I don’t hold much stock in their tweets.  I still think he’s very much IN at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. My only suggestions are lists or more Oscar coverage. Or you could cover all of the critics awards that will be starting soon. That would give you plenty of blogging to do. ;)

    Obviously, I want Crowe to get nominated, but I'm still uncertain. We'll know in just over 6 weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete