Thursday, January 20, 2011

Oscar Predictions

The Oscar nominees are announced next week and so I wanted to hurry up and post my current predictions (you'll find them on the right sidebar).  There may be a few changes before the big reveal, but at the moment I'm happy with my guess work.  Best Actor is giving me trouble, since I only consider Eisenberg, Franco and Firth as locks with Bardem, Duvall, Bridges and Gosling all vying for a nomination.  I went with my gut and not my head (I really think Gosling will show up there) so let's see what that does for me.  Also, I know it was risky, but I kind of shafted Steinfeld (category confusion has done worse to an actress) and I threw Rockwell in Supporting Actor despite very poor precursor showing.  It just seems like the type of performance that gets a surprise nomination.  I've been saying that for a while now, and I'm not going to stop until Oscar proves me wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment